Usher wins another Grammy for song OMG, but who is he?
Grammy nominee, singer, and Green Celebrity, Usher Raymond (AKA Usher) is credited for having discovered Justin Bieber, fellow Grammy nominee beat out this year by newcomer, Esperanza Spalding.
A veteran of the Billboard Music charts for his R&B mushc hits such as the song OMG (Oh my god), Usher has quickly grown his reputation as an A-List Hollywood star.
Open to the idea of helping new artists, he perfromed not only with Justin Bieber at the 53rd Grammy Awards, their perfromance also include Jaden Smith, recent new comer to the R&B hip-hop scene!
Usher was nominated for a two 2011 Grammy Awards. You might also remember seeing him on stage during the half time show at Super Bowl 2011 wearing his white futuristic yet Michael Jackson – esque pleather outfit while he sang next to Black Eyes Peas star celebs Will.I.Am and Fergie.
WHO IS USHER?
Usher won Grammy Awards in 2011 for:
- Male R&B Vocal Perfromance for “There Goes My Baby”
- Best Contemporary R&B Album for Raymond V Raymond
In previous years, Grammy Wins for Usher have included:
- 2001 Best Male R&B Vocal Perfromance (“U Remind Me”)
- 2002 Best Male R&B Vocal Perfromance (“U Don’t Have To Call”)
- 2005 Best R&B Perfromance by a Duo or Group With Vocals (“My Boo”, with Alicia Keys)
- 2005 Best Contemporary R&B Album (“Confessions”)
- 2005 Best Rap/Sung Collaboration (“Yeah”, with Ludacris and Lil Jon)
With his music really growing in popularity, and stellar perfromance in they Super Bowl of 2011, what else can we expect to see from Usher in the years to come?
Green Celebrity Stats: Usher Raymond (AKA Usher), R&B Singer.
Find out what the buzz is all about. Watch the Usher, Justin Bieber and Jaden Smith perfromance here.
What did you think of Usher’s Grammy perfromance? Should Usher have won more Grammys for his efforts?