The nominations suspense is over and the green celebrity awards winners are…
Which movies won the category of best in the business at the 2011 Golden Globe Awards? While stars like green celebrities Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie showed up, they went home without a trophy for their work in The Tourist — and a movie with a seriously green theme that promotes 21st century green tech and new ways of communicating stole the Golden Globes awards scene.
- Best Picture, Drama: “The Social Network.” <– Social Networking has helped the world go green
- Best Picture, Musical or Comedy: “The Kids Are All Right.”
- Best Actor, Drama: Colin Firth, “The King’s Speech.”
- Best Actress, Drama: Natalie Portman, “Black Swan.”
- Best Director: David Fincher, “The Social Network.” <– Social Networking has helped the world go green
- Best Actress, Musical or Comedy: Annette Bening, “The Kids Are All Right.”
- Best Actor, Musical or Comedy: Paul Giamatti, “Barney’s Version.”
- Best Supporting Actor: Christian Bale, “The Fighter.”
- Best Supporting Actress: Melissa Leo, “The Fighter.”
- Best Foreign Language: “In a Better World.”
- Best Animated Film: “Toy Story 3.” <– green celebrities Tom Hanks and Tim Allen do voices
- Best Screenplay: Aaron Sorkin, “The Social Network.”
- Best Original Score: “The Social Network.”
- Best Original Song: “You Haven’t Seen the Last of Me,” (written by Diane Warren), “Burlesque.” <– stars Cher
Read more about the Golden Globes award ceremony night:
Follow @greencelebrity on Twitter for more news about your favorite charities and green celebs.
GREEN CELEBRITY TRIVIA
Did you know the Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie movie The Tourist was nominated for a Golden Globe Award before anyone had actually ever even seen it? The movie flopped at the box office as there was very little chemistry between Johnny Depp and Angie. Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt have been friends for YEARS (since they first worked together on the 1980s television series 21 Jump Street. We figure Johnny and Angie kept things cool so the green celebrity buddies would never have a rift between them — and to quell early tabloid media rumors started by paparazzi that said Brangelina would surely split once Angelina Jolie got her hands on Johnny Depp to film racy love scenes between the star celebs.