Valentine’s Day might not be here yet, but last year’s sleeper hit movie Valentine’s Day is sure to become a date night classic to watch with the one you love during the holiday season — not a massacre (hopefully). The cool Hollywood trivia about the romantic comedy is that the major cast players are all green celebrities. Who are the Hollywood star celebs who had the chance to work together on such a fun holiday film project? Ashton Kutcher, Julia Roberts, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Alba, Jessica Biel, and the lovely Jennifer Garner (wife of actor Ben Affleck). Read on for more green celebrity stats about each of the Valentine’s Day cast members.
GREEN CELEBRITY STATS
- Ashton Kutcher and wife Demi Moore launched a new charity benefit foundation in 2010 that strives to put an end to the sex slave trade. The name of the organization is The DNA Foundation. Back in 2006 he also donated big dollars to the humanitarian organization of green builders called Habitat For Humanity. In 2008 he volunteered to do construction labor down in Central America.
- Julia Roberts is a humanitarian celebrity. She’s done work with UNICEF and donated a cool two million dollars to help the families of the victims of of the 9/11 tragedy in the United States. She’s also been known to throw her hat in the ring and give her celebrity endorsement to environmental charities. A proponent for the use of biofuels rather than fossil fuels, she’s on the board of an eco charity called Hole In The Wall Gang.
- Anne Hathaway is an angel working on behalf of children’s charities. Her work with the Lollipop Theater Network helps make sure children who are confined to hospital beds still get to see all the blockbuster movies that are playing in the national theateres without needing to wait for the films to come out on Blu-Ray or DVD. She also donates time and money to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. However, her charitable giving does not just extend to kids; Anne Hathaway also spends time volunteering for human rights causes, LGBT civil rights activism, and helps mentor women and girls around the world. [Yeah -- we love this girl.]
- Jessica Alba actually has done work to support the SOS Children’s Villages charity — the same non-profit organization Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have endorsed publicly. She’s been a children’s advocate for years now, and her sunny smile is always a welcome face at red carpet events benefiting any charity.
- Jessica Biel has supported a wide variety of causes ranging from humanitarian issues to animal rights. She’d used her star power to give her celebrity endorsement to groups like PETA, the Wild Animal Sanctuary and Live Earth. She’s also been an eco celeb advocate for Stand Up To Cancer, homelessness causes, education, poverty, refugee assistance, and clean water initiatives.
- Jennifer Garner is not just wife of Ben Afleck and mother to their super cute green kids. She’s used her star power to raise money for The Women’s Cancer Research Institute for Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and acted as an ambassador for Save the Children.
- Queen Latifah does a great deal of volunteer work helping disadvantaged youth. She’s been a big supporter of the Boys and Girls Clubs of America. She’s also lended her star power to such groups as Keep A Child Alive and Starlight Children’s Foundation.
- Taylor Swift, the super cute pop music singer and teen scene icon who just broke up with Jake Gyllenhall over the Christmas holiday launched her own campaign to help protect children from online predators.
- Taylor Lautner… ummm… sweet, sexy, talented Taylor — our favorite teen werewolf from Twilight? We expect big things from him in the coming years as it relates to charity. Right now, though, the greenest thing he’s done is be sweet and dated Taylor Swift. Before the whole Jake and Taylor thing.
For more news about green celebrities, follow @greencelebrity on Twitter.