Former British premier Tony Blair is up for a less than coveted literary award. The announcement was made Oct. 16 that the Iraq war bed buddy of former U.S. President George W. Bush is up for the least-coveted prize in literature — the Bad Sex Award.
In a passage from his new autobiography, “A Journey,” Blair reminisced about a night of passion with his wife Cherie. The strange news tale, “was deemed so cringe-worthy that Britain’s Literary Review magazine made him the first writer of a nonfiction work to be considered for the dubious honor…” says Fox News.
Time Magazine concurred with trending Tweet opinions, reporting:
There’s nothing worse than a bad sex scene. At least that’s what the judges for the UK Literary Review’s Bad Sex Awards think. The least coveted prize in literature is awarded annually to a writer who has made us cringe with their description of the act of sweet sweet love. It is an award usually reserved for novelists, but, according to the Telegraph’s source, Tony Blair’s memoir A Journey is “definitely up there.”
“That night she cradled me in her arms and soothed me; told me what I needed to be told; strengthened me … On that night of 12 May 1994 I needed that love [she] gave me, selfishly. I devoured it to give me strength. I was an animal following my instinct,” Blair wrote, wistful and proud of his machismo tinted with the erstwhile essence of a circa 1970s Alan Alda.
Time to go wash our eyes. And listen to some screaming, headbanging heavy metal music. And maybe have a swearing contest with our buddies from the office down the GCN hall.
Please GOD don’t let this give the bright idea to GW and Sarah Palin to do a tell all.
If you liked this story, read more here…
- Celebrity Halloween: Paris Hilton donates pumpkins, pumpkin carving stencils, and carving tools to Rescue Mission Shelter
- Celebrity athlete and transgender woman Lana Lawless cries foul against LPGA
- Celebrity reporter stripdown? Ines Sainz says no to Playboy
- Does George Clooney keep his personal life so private for political reasons?
- Celebrity Gossip News: Blogger Perez Hilton turns over new leaf amid bullying outcry
- Green Celebrity Tom Cruise gunning for role in Top Gun movie sequel?
- Movie News: Angelina Jolie movie filming halted in Bosnia over political controversy?
- Celebrity Scandal: Details of Jeremy London kidnapping revealed during long day in California court?
- Sugar Ray Leonard trades Ferrari, Maserati, and Porsche for Smart Car?
- Update to Celebrity Athlete Fallout: Jenn Sterger cancels public appearance due to Sexting scandal?
- Dancing With The Stars: The Situation proved dire for Michael Sorrentino and Karina after Tango
- Miley Cyrus in trouble again for playing the part of a slut says Parent group
- Celebrity Athlete Fallout: The Brett Favre and Jenn Sterger Sexting scandal rages on
- Celebrity Actress Minka Kelly is Sexiest Woman Alive according to Esquire
- Dancing With The Stars: Bristol Palin has zero in common with the sexy Rumba?
- Dancing With The Stars: Audrina and Tony slip from top spot on acoustic night in Tango dance shocker
- Celebrity OOPS: Brangelina in another celebrity scandal thanks to lavish luxury home rental cost?
- Celebrity Real Estate: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt rent cozy 10 bedroom Love Nest in Budapest
- Celebrity Real Estate: Jesse James condo for sale in OC takes third price cut
- Celebrity Birthdays: Generation X woefully says Happy Birthday, David Lee Roth!